Add/Modify Entry - Encryped File
Password Depot offers the possibility to encrypt external files with the secure algorighm AES 256 Bit. The password which you need in order to decrypt the file afterwards can be stored within your database.
There are three ways how you can create an entry for an encrypted file:
- Click on Home > Add > Encrypted File
- Encrypt a file via Tools > Encrpyt.
- Right-click on a file in the Windows Explorer and click on > (it will automatically be taken over into Password Depot).
In the dialog window, following functions are available:
- Description: Add a description for the encrypted file.
- Password: Enter a password for the encrypted file.
- Files: Shows a list of encrypted files belonging to the selected password entry.
- Decrypt: Select a file in the list and click on Decrypt in order to decrypt it by means of the entered password.
- Add: Enables you to add an encrypted file to the list.
- Delete: Removes all files you do not need anymore from the list.
- Delete Invalid Paths: The software automatically detects if the file is no longer available at the original path. These files will be greyed out. If this applies to more than one file, you can use the button Delete Invalid Paths to remove all of these files from the list.
Click on OK in order to save changes, or on Cancel in order to close the window without saving changes.
Return to the Password
Depot homepage (leave this help)