Properties - General
On the General tab of the file properties you can view some basic information about your database and change them if applicable.
At the top you are shown the Name of your database. This cannot be changed in this dialog.
Below is shown following information:
- Location: Indicates the storage location of your database. The location cannot be changed in this dialog. To change the name of your database or the file path, you can either use the Save as command in the main menu or make those changes in the Windows Explorer.
- Size: Shows the size of your passwords file in kilobytes and bytes.
- Drive type: Indicates the type of drive, e.g. "Permanent drive."
- Free space: Displays the storage space that is still available.
In the middle of the window, there is further information about your database. Most of this data is only for your information and can thus not be modified in this context:
- Created: Informs about the file's creation date.
- Last modified: Informs about the date of the file's last modification.
- Contains: Indicates the number of groups and passwords contained in your databases, as well as the number of passwords that have already expired.
- Custom icons: Shows the number of custom icons your passwords file is using.
- Attachments: Shows the number of attachments contained in your passwords file.
- Delete icons/attachments: Via these buttons, you can clear the icons and/or attachments contained in your passwords file. This will decrease your file's size.
NOTE: If your database takes a lot of time to be loaded, you may need to consider to review your attachments and custom icons as they increase the size of your database. You can either use the Clean-Up function on the Tools tab to find entries and attachments which are no longer used or you can delete your custom icons and attachments via the file properties if your file is getting to big.
At the window's bottom, you can modify e.g. the database's authentication method:
- Authentication: Shows the currently used authentication method for this database.
- Change: Leads you to the window for changing the authentication settings.
- Ignored Websites: Opens a window listing the websites that are ignored by the browser add-ons and thus not automatically filled in.
Return to the Password
Depot homepage (leave this help)