Master Password Generator
The Master Password Generator assists you in finding a password which is safe and at the same time also easy to remember.
You can launch this generator when creating a new passwords file and then, in the corresponding window, clicking on the button Create Master Password (wheel symbol at the right of the field Master Password).
To create your master password, the generator takes as starting basis a phrase of your choice. The generator will then use the phrase's initial letters and changed some of them in a random manner, using the Leet Conversion Table (see second tab).
- Please enter below...: Here, you enter a phrase that should contain at least eight words. You can invent the phrase yourself but should be sure to be able to remember it! Having entered your phrase into this field, the button Generate Password becomes active. Click on this button in order to make the generator create a password.
- Generated password: Shows the password that the password generator has created from the phrase you had entered above.
- Password quality: Shows the generated password's quality.
- Convert phrase using: You can chose from a number of options concerning lower and upper case letters and the conversion table being used. You also have the possibility to keep the original case letters of your sentence. After all, the most important thing is not only a secure password, but also one you can remember!
- Template used: Here, you can see how the initial letters of your original phrase were changed. To understand the meaning of each template element, please refer to the Template Legend.
- Leetspeak Conversion Table: On this second tab of the currently opened window, you can see the Leetspeak Conversion Table and also change the default table.
Click OK afterwards to use the generated password as the master password of your database.
NOTE: It is essential that you are able to remember the password based on the original sentence!
Return to the Password
Depot homepage (leave this help)