Partial Password Builder
Password Depot offers a Partial Password Builder. To open it, select a password entry from your list and then go to the Password tab.
The partial password method is an authentication method for passwords with the purpose to increase the protection against password theft. The method in question asks the user to only insert certain characters of his passwords instead of entering them completely. As there is always only a part of the password shown, this renders it more difficult to find out the password by common techniques such as keylogging.
If you select a password entry and then open the Partial password Builder, you will see four lines in the window:
- Position: To every character of the chosen symbol the Builder assigns a number; the first character has the number 1.
- Password: Here stands your password. If the function Hide Password (below) is checked, the password's characters are represented by dots. Else, you will see the password's characters themselves.
- Select: In this line, you can select certain characters of your password, by clicking onto the desired boxes and thereby placing a check mark within them.
- Partial Password: In this bottom line, the partial password created by the Builder will be shown, according to the characters you had previously selected in the line above.
- Hide Password: If this function is checked, the password's characters are represented by dots. Else, you will see the password's characters themselves.
- Always on Top: If checked, the window of the Partial Password Builder will be always at the front and visible.
- Copy to Clipboard: Copies the generated partial password to the clipboard.
- Close: Exits the Partial Password Builder and returns to the main window.
Return to the Password
Depot homepage (leave this help)