Do you want to start immediately without having read the entire user manual? The following instructions will help you::
- Install Password Depot.
In order to be able to add passwords directly from the browser and the information to be filled in automatically on the website, you need to install the browser add-ons.
If the add-ons are not installed, passwords can be added only manually and the the completion process needs to be started manually.(The add-ons can also be installed subsequently.)
- Start Password Depot.
- Create a new database, by clicking on > > Local System > .
- Open a database by authenticating yourself with the method configured in step 3.
- Add passwords by clicking on . If the add-ons are installed, you can simply log in in the browser and Password Depot will ask if you wish to save this information in the opened database.
- Create folders to group your entries. In order to create a folder right click on the left panel and select NEW.
- If necessary, make adjustments to the entry, by clicking on .
Tip: To make sure the password is filled in on every page of the website, add a URL ( tab)mask to the entry. E.g. *domain.com*
- The next time you load the URL in your browser, the add-on will fill in the stored information automatically. All that remains to be done is click on the login button.
See also Auto-completion.
Return to the Password
Depot homepage (leave this help)