Welcome to Password Depot!
Congratulations for deciding to rely on Password Depot for the administration and protection of your passwords and access data! You are in good company: Password Depot is used by several thousands of business companies, banks, agencies, and private users.
What is so special about Password Depot?
Password Depot is a powerful, technically mature, and, first of all, secure application for managing your passwords and access data. Different from conventional freeware and shareware utilities, Password Depot provides sophisticated security mechanisms and a well-conceived, wide range of functions and can also be employed in professional environments where strict security standards apply.
Password Depot provides very high security standards in several ways:
- Encryption with AES-256: The software encrypts databases using the Rijndael 256 algorithm, which is also known as AES-256 (Advanced Encryption Standard). According to the state of the art, this is certainly the most secure method of encrypting data on a computer. In the United States, AES is accepted for national documents with the highest level of privacy. One advantage of this security algorithm is that the for encrypting a database is not stored on your computer. Nobody can therefore find the on your computer. You are the only one who knows this password.
- Anti-keylogging protection: All passwords have an internal protection against various types of key logging.
Clipboard protection: Password Depot automatically detects active clipboard viewers and hides any changes to the clipboard that it makes; after auto-completion, all sensitive data is automatically removed from the clipboard.
Program protection: Several new options optimize the protection of Password Depot itself: When the program enters the locked state, all sensitive data is cleared from memory. The program is able to auto-minimize/auto-lock when the computer switches to standby or hibernate mode, when the current session changes, etc.
Secury shredding: The software Password Depot uses a shredder conforming to the DOD 5220.22-M specification of the US Department of Defense to delete temporary program files. The definite deletion of temporary files is also very important because they can contain data that could be extracted by someone. Deleting files in Windows Explorer is not secure, because only the filename will be deleted. To destroy a file beyond recovery, you must overwrite the file before deleting it.
Lock funktion: You can restrict other users' access to Password Depot using the program's lock function. In this way, you can leave the software running on your computer without running the risk that someone else looks through your passwords.
Password Depot protects your most important and confidential passwords and access data from external access while offering maximum user-friendliness and a complete range of functions!
- The integrated creates virtually uncrackable passwords which can be inserted into the corresponding field using drag & drop. Password Depot generates true-random data which cannot be predicted. Many conventional random generators create random data that are based on system time and can thus be predicted or reproduced.
- The function allows to automatically complete fields on a web page with user name and password. You can also generate individual auto-complete sequences using the integrated editor.
- The simplifies navigation through the Internet. You can minimize the program to a small bar which appears at the top of the screen and which can be moved as you like.
- allows installing Password Depot on a USB storage device. That way you have access to your passwords from any PC.
- You can also place your encrypted databases on the Internet and enjoy access to all of them, no matter where you are!
- The Server Module allows simultaneous access to databases available on a network by several clients. The system or network administrator assigns certain rights to the clients. For example, he can determine whether files may only be opened in read-only mode or may be modified.
- Free apps for smartphones allow to use the software on mobile devices, as well. Supported are the operating systems of iOS and Andoid.
The user interface of Password Depot is very clear and easy to use:
- The databases are organized in the form of a tree structure, with the "stem" dividing up into different lists, similar as in Windows Explorer.
- An important feature of the user interface is the option to display the program as a top bar. The top bar window is a small bar positioned on top of all other applications, thus providing constant access to the passwords stored by the software and making Web surfing a lot easier.
- You can quickly localize passwords using the search function.
Password Depot helps you to manage your passwords in an easy and structured way:
- For every password stored in the program, you may enter any additional information you wish, e.g. a description or the internet address accessed by the password in question.
- By means of a single mouse click, you get directly to the URL that is linked to a stored password entry.
- Data from your password entries may be copied directly into the clipboard, e.g. the password itself or its corresponding URL, but also any further fields you have defined yourself.
- You can make the program automatically fill in your passwords data into web forms.
- The passwords' organization in groups allows an efficient management of your data.
- For a clear overview of your databases you can add a description to every file. These descriptions will then be shown at every opening of the databases.
Return to the Password
Depot homepage (leave this help)